What Are 4 Best Places to Visit in Kerala Ideal for Family Tour?Kerala is the state regarded as one of the destinations with the highest recall. This is a land of beaches, lakes, backwaters, waterfalls, mountains, ancient ports, and religious institutions. The state Kerala is known as God’s favoured country or God’s own country because of its lush green landscapes. There are lots of amazing travel destinations in Kerala but these are my favourite places in Kerala. We selected these 4 places to visit. These four places will give you four different experiences. Whenever you make a Kerala trip plan you must add these places in your bucket list,
1. Guruvayur Sri Krishna TempleGuruvayur is the temple dedicated to Lord Shree Guruvayoorappan. The presiding Lord of the Guruvayur Temple is Vishnu, worshipped in the form of his avatar Krishna. Located in town Guruvayur approximately 29 KM from the Thrissur District, which is also known as the cultural capital of Kerala (God’s Own Country). The Guruvayur Shree Krishna Temple reflects traditional beauty in the divine surrounding. Lord Sri Krishna Guruvayur Temple is the third-biggest temple in India, leads more than millions of devotees yearly. Temple is following some strict traditions like Non-Hindus are not allowed, men have to remain topless and Lungi is necessary while inside the holy area. Temple is closed between 1 to 4 PM and from 9 PM to 3 AM, where no darshan is allowed.
2. Athirapally WaterfallThis eighty feet tall waterfall also named as ”the Niagara of India”. Athirapally waterfall is on the river Chalakudy. The waterfall and the surrounding area of the waterfall is so beautiful, you will completely get fall in term of appreciating his appeal and shades of green. Athirapally is the Forrest covered area with the thick, dense tropical trees. To see a stunning view of the waterfall you need to take fifteen to twenty minutes downhill walk. You will see so many monkeys in the trail. You must spend some quality time nearby falls, there is a shed where you can sit and admire the incredible beauty of nature.
3. MunnarMunnar is the perfect holiday destinations in India for a family tour. This is a hill station popular for a honeymoon destination in south India. The name Munnar means three rivers and there is three rivers confluence in Munnar. We preferred to stay in a tea plantation homestay. Munnar is popular for tea garden and plantation. This is the most beautiful place to stay in Munnar. In Munnar, you will surprise to see the picturesque view of the mountains. All mountains were covered with fog on top, lush green tropic trees, and beautiful sunrise. The view from my room’s balcony was outstanding.
Where to Stay in MunnarTo stay in a tea plantation homestay is not expensive and it was totally worth deal. I must recommend if you are visiting Munnar you must stay in the tea garden. There are plenty of homestays in a tea plantation in Munnar. Just take a fresh breath, stay close to nature, and feel a tranquil vibe. The Munnar is will never disappoint you and you will love this place and you would like to visit this place again and again.
Top Places to Visit in Munnar
- Mattupetty Dam
- Eravikulam National Park
- Pothamedu View Point
- Tea Museum
- Attukad Waterfalls
- Top Station Highway – Munnar
- Tea Estate Kolukkumalai
- Chokramudi Peak
- KFDC Floriculture Centre
- Munnar View Point
- Cowboy Park
- Munnar Rose Garden
- Tea Plantation Walk With Sunset View
- Echo Point
Don’t Miss to Buy Munnar’s Special Home Made Chocolates and Spices!